Friday, August 18, 2017

The T&T Titanic




From the producers of such hits as ‘When Burkie met Marlene’, ‘Stop or Farris’kids will shoot’ and ‘Shamfa Cudjoe: Million-dollar phone bill baby” comes this summer’s biggest blockbuster ‘The T&T Titanic’. Witness the story of young Rohan Sinanan, a bohemian drifter and Minister of Transport who sails to Tobago on the T&T Titanic; all the way from Trinidad. Along the way Rohan meets privileged young socialite and Port Authority Chairwoman Alison Lewis. Watch as two people, both travelling in first class, fall hopelessly in love with mysterious Canadian firm Bridgeman Services:


Alison:    When the ship docks I’m getting off with you


Rohan:    This is crazy Alison.

Alison:    I know. Bridgeman has no experience in ferryservices. 

               And the Ocean Flower 11 failed its sea trials.
 

Rohan:    But that’s why it makes sense to hire Bridgeman. 
                Sure  they don’t have fancy things like experience, or a 
                head office or even ferries that are seaworthy. But they  
                have heart Alison! Trust me, step on the railings,and let’s 
                 fly away!

Alison:    Rohan! Let’s fly away from this public servant life, with

                its rigid social manners and demands for transparent 
                procurement policies. I’m flying Rohan!

Rohan:    I’m the king of the world – and I’m not resigning!

Witness the drama and suspense as the T&T Titanic hits an iceberg forcing Captain Rowley to inspire his crew:

Stuart Young:      Captain we hit an iceberg. We’re sinking fast!

Captain Rowley:  Dammit. I guess that British Foreign Office 

                              iceberg warning was correct.

Stuart Young:       Don’t worry sir; I’m sure their warning about 

                              ISIS being a threat to T&T is still totally stupid 
                              like you said.

Captain Rowley: Well don’t panic. Take a note. 'Dear Passengers, I 

                             am truly sorry we have hit an iceberg. I know this
                             must be greatly disappointing. Though I have to
                             say some of you should have really learnt to 
                             swim instead of relying on a Government boat to 
                             keep you from drowning. I have appointed 
                             weather girl Seigone Mohammed to investigate 
                             this matter. I must now depart on a private 
                             vacation to Barbados. In keeping with my 
                             commitment against wasteful spending I have
                             paid for my own lifeboat’.

Stuart Young:      Sir, what about the rule of a Captain going down 

                             with his ship?

Captain Rowley: That’s precisely why I’m making Colm Imbert 

                             Captain in my absence.

You’ll be on the edge of your seat, as the T&T Titanic’s Cabinet crew formulate an emergency plan:

Anthony Garcia:    I thought this ship was unsinkable!

Farris Al-Rawi:     No it’s “untraceable”. As in nobody knows who

                              owns Bridgeman Trinidad Services the company
                               that bought it.

Shamfra Cudjoe:       Why did we get rid of the Super-Fast Galicia?

Terrance Deyalsingh:  It was costing $34 Million a year. And 

                                    someone saw a ghost on the security camera.

Shamfra Cudjoe:        But the combined cost of the Cabo Star and 

                                   Ocean Flower 11 is $100 Million; far higher. 
                                   Though that’s still better than Bmobile 
                                   roaming rates I guess.

Colm Imbert:              I have a plan to stop us from sinking. It’s 

                                   called the RDCT maneuver short for; 
                                   Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic.

Farris Al -Rawi:         Have you tried this before?

Colm Imbert:               Yes. It’s the basis of all my budgets


The T&T Titanic will also sweep you away with its ground breaking special effects by the Darryl Smith Foundation. You will believe that you’re right in the middle of the water , even though it doesn’t really exist ; just like the Darryl Smith Foundation.

Also the T&T Titanic features the smash hit song of the summer by Celine Dion “My Corruption Will Go On”. Sing along to the powerful and emotional lyrics.


Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you, and that’s good enough for me to award you a multi million dollar state contact. Near, far, wherever you are, investigations won’t find anything to incriminate me, and my corruption will go on”.

And see the scene everyone is talking about. As Alison clings to a life raft while trying to save Rohan in the water:

Alison:         Rohan, don’t you say goodbye, do you understand me!


Rohan:         Alison, don’t worry. This is T&T. Nobody loses their

                     job for incompetence or corruption here. Worse they 
                     do is make you work with Stuart Young.

Stuart Young:  Hi. I swam across to say Captain told me to tell you 

                         that he’s probably going to throw you both 
                         overboard to save himself Just so you know.

The T&T Titanic. Now playing everywhere. Except Tobago.

1 comment:

I Mulligan said...

Do you think the Hindenburg would have contained similar drama?? Too funny😂